Subject: Centennial farm
From: Diane Rapson Gabil <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2004 10:24:26 -0400

Hi Patty,

Thank you for the letter in regards to your upcoming event of Sawmill
Day. I think it is wonderful that you are highlighting Centennial Farms!
I am unable to attend the celebration as we will be vacationing in the
East Tawas area during that week or I'd be in attendance!

My farm was purchased by William Rapson in 1899; he was my great
grandfather. The land is still being farmed; I rent the land to local
farmer.

Although I am unable to attend, I would LOVE to have a certificate that
you mention in your letter in recognition of my Centennial Farm in
Colfax Township, M-53 North of Bad Axe! I have framed the Centennial
Farm Certificate that I received September 29, 1999 from the Michigan
Historical Commission and it is hanging in my living room next to a
picture of the barn and windmill that used to be on the property - there
is more than enough room for another certificate!

I would also like any other info regarding Centennial Farms available
during that day. I would be more than happy to pay any postage or fees
to mail these items to me.

Thank you again for highlighting Centennial Farms and the wonderful
family memories they bring to all generations!

Regards,
Diane Rapson Gabil

1031 North Jones
Essexville, MI  48732
989-892-3105
[email-masked]