Subject: Port Austin web site
From: "JOYCE STANEK" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:47:27 -0500

Dustin,

I have some information for you for the Port Austin Chamber of Commerce
website - AND - we have some questions.
First for the info & changes:

1) We'd like the photos on the home page to look brighter. Could you
try using a different color for the background? We like blue - but could
you try a color that has less green in it and that is a little lighter -
a true blue maybe? The photos look a bit "overcast" over the toip of the
dark blue you used - we want people to think of "warm days & sunny
skies"!!!  

2) Could you change the font for the navigation buttons so that it
isn't a drop shadow - and maybe make the color a little darker. ALSO ---
important --- please add "AREA" in title so it reads PORT AUSTIN AREA

3) Are we to assume that the "WELCOME" navigation link is to the home
page? Wouldn't it be better (at least on other pages) to refer to it as
HOME?

4) Please change the nav. buttons along the left side of the screen to
read as follows: (not in all caps though  : -)
HOME
ATTRACTIONS
DIRECTORY
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
PHOTO GALLERY
VISITOR'S GUIDE
CHAMBER INFO.
CONTACT US

You will note that 2 major items were not left off - Attractions &
events
We re-worded Member Directory to read just "directory"
We changed "About Us" to "Chamber Info.

5) Under "Attractions" - the categories we are going to cover are:
Beaches & Parks
Harbors & Boat Launches
Fishing & Hunting
Golf & Other Outdoor Activities
Lighthouses
Museums & Historical Sites
Arts & Theatre

We are thinking in terms of at least one photo for each of these
sub-categories, with listing & descriptions (of say area parks)

6) Schedule of Events - we would list these in order from Jan thru Dec
2005, including Event, date, time, place, description. We'd just like
the entire list on one page so that people don't have to click to other
pages to get info.

Now the questions......

*** Scrolling. We mentioned previously that we didn't want people to
have to scroll horizontally across the page if we could avoid that.
However - our question concerns scrolling vertically. Can we assume that
pages will scroll down to accomodate the information as required (for
instance - the list of member categories - or the list of lodging
members or the schedule of events - all of which may be long?)
We were not sure. By looking at the screen shot, it almost seems as
though the page information is confined to just the small white area.
Let us know about this.
We'd like to be able to include photos in the "white" part of the home
page along with the narrrative.

**** We will have the ability to make "thumbnails" of photos with this
software?

**** You mentioned something about making the "Photo Gallery" a slide
show. How would that work. Would the slide show already be in place, and
it would just be a matter of plugging in the photos?

**** If we want to change out any of the photos in the collage on the
home page - is that something that we would be able to do in the
future?

**** What does the "Contact Us" link lead to - a form to fill out to
request information and or request a visitor's guide? Does that form
automatically get emailed to us?

**** Maps & Location - will this link be able to accomodate 2 maps  -
state of Michigan and map of Thumb area - and a place writing out
directions?

**** In the "About Us" ( Chamber Info.) link - we want to include the
following info: purpose, goals, benefits of being a member, how to join,
our address/phone/fax. None of these items will take up much space and
could be on same page.

**** I am still not totally certain about how this program works. I
understand the part about the fields - and that filling in the fields &
saving/submitting automatically populates the proper spots. What I don't
still understand is about inserting photos. Is that something that you
have to do (as in - making spots/boxes where photos will go? 

****Also - in adding "links" (to member sites or related sites) - do we
just type in the entire URL - or will their be a button to click on to
make a link? AND - did you figure out if you can have these links open
in a separate window so that we don't lose visitors into other sites as
soon as the start clicking?

**** Is it realistic to think that the website can be up and running in
a few weeks?

Wow. I know that that was a lot. Sorry. We just had a chamber meeting
last night, and Casey, Lori & I got together this afternoon also. We are
very anxious to get our website going again.

If you have any questions, feel free to email any of us or call any of
us.

Thanks Dustin!

Joyce Stanek
989-550-2949